- Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exception will be made.
- Abstract must be written in English. It is the author’s responsibility to submit a correct abstract. Any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific fact will be reproduced as typed by the author.
- The content of the abstract must be related to one of the topics listed below*.
- To ensure smooth scoring of papers, the topic of your work must be selected during the submission process.
- For standardization, the acceptable length of the abstract is a maximum of 400 words. Titles are limited to 30 words.
- After submission of the (author) data it is not possible to make any online changes (through the system). Editing is possible until the deadline for abstract submission.
- Abstract topics*
- Surgery reconstruction
- Surgery acute
- Wound healing
- Basic research
- Anaesthesia/critical care
- Burn centre organization
- Rehabilitation (OT/PT)
- Burn camp
- New ideas and innovations
- Tissue engineering
- Mass burn casualty incident
- Scar treatment
- Burn data and registry
- Enzymatic debridement
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation
- Figures may be submitted with a maximum file size is 10 MB with a resolution of 300 dpi. Figures are allowed in the following formats: PNG, GIF, JPG.
Work that has been previously published or presented at a national, regional or international meeting preferably should only be submitted provided that new findings (e.g., relevant updates) information is included.
Rule of three
Each author may present a maximum of three abstracts at the congress. Should an author have more than two abstracts accepted for presentation, a co-author must be named as presenting author for one or more abstracts.
Deadline for abstract submission
Abstracts must be submitted before 14 March 2022, 23.57 PM (CET). Abstracts submitted after this time will not be considered.
After submission of the abstract, the submitting author will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submitted abstracts go through a blinded peer-review process carried out by selected expert reviewers.
The scientific committee will make the final selection of abstracts for inclusion in the congress programme. Abstracts can be selected for oral presentation during one of the four plenary sessions or for presentation as a poster.
Notification of acceptance or rejection
Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent to the submitting author by the end of April 2022. Instructions on the preparation for poster and oral presentation will be included with the notification of acceptance. Please note that the submitting author who receives this notification email is responsible for informing all co-authors of the status of the abstract.
All accepted abstracts and the final programme, will only be published on the EBA congress website. All EBA participants will also receive a link to a congress app through which the abstracts and final programme can be accessed. The abstract book will also be published on the EBA congress website. In addition, all oral and poster presentations will be published on the EBA congress website, providing author approval has been granted.
Presenting authors are also required to register separately for the congress. For registration, please go to www.eba2022org.
Registrations not received or paid, will result in a rejection of the submitted abstract.
No travel compensation is provided for abstract presenters.
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact the congress office at email@example.com.